--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ruthsimplicity"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> There are many who say some variant of "good works are not the
> way to heaven."  I think that they are wrong, or at least wrong
> in implying that good works are not a necessary part of the path.

Martin Luther said (paraphrased): Good works do not
make a good person, but a good person will do good
works. Which is pretty much Maharishi's perspective.
("Good person" = enlightened person; "good works" =
spontaneous right action. By [his] definition, you
can't do *spontaneous* right action if you aren't
enlightened.)

Of course, it isn't always easy to know what "right
action" or "good works" are. Some are obvious--feeding
the poor, etc. Others may not be. Even the person doing
them may not recognize them as such.