This video is too amazing for words.  At first I assumed that the
elephant was merely taught to paint that, which if true, would still
be amazing (and amazingly difficult I would have thought); but the
use of overlap to depict perspective (the legs farther away are
interrupted by both the body mass and the legs closer to the viewer,
and the final flourish of the trunk wrapping around the flower) is
an extremely sophisticated optical device and it seems stunningly
clear that the elephant is completely in control and operating with
intention.  Just the whole sense of pictorial abstraction completely
blows me away.

This totally knocks me on my ass.

Thanks, Rick, this is absolutely amazing.

Jai

Marek

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Video of an elephant painting. It's amazing. If the long link
below doesn't
> work, use the tiny url.
>
> HYPERLINK
> "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Ge7Sogrk&eurl=http://lj-
toys.com/?journal

id=2456484&moduleid=18&auth_token=sessionless:1206568800:embedcontent
:245648
> 4%252"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Ge7Sogrk&eurl=http://lj-
toys.com/?jo

urnalid=2456484&moduleid=18&auth_token=sessionless:1206568800:embedco
ntent:2
> 456484%252
>
> HYPERLINK "http://tinyurl.com/2pfnn7"http://tinyurl.com/2pfnn7

> Checked by AVG.