I've looked at some of the other elephant painting links and I'm a
little less convinced that the elephant in question is operating
with some sense that s/he "knows" that it's a depiction of an
elephant that's being drawn, and is more likely a very well-trained
performer.  But, boy-oh-boy, is s/he an in-control performer.  Great
trunk/eye coordination, that's for sure.

Us primates got nothing on the elephants.

Jai Ganesh

Marek

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This video is too amazing for words.  At first I assumed that the
> elephant was merely taught to paint that, which if true, would
still
> be amazing (and amazingly difficult I would have thought); but the
> use of overlap to depict perspective (the legs farther away are
> interrupted by both the body mass and the legs closer to the
viewer,
> and the final flourish of the trunk wrapping around the flower) is
> an extremely sophisticated optical device and it seems stunningly
> clear that the elephant is completely in control and operating
with
> intention.  Just the whole sense of pictorial abstraction
completely
> blows me away.
>
> This totally knocks me on my ass.
>
> Thanks, Rick, this is absolutely amazing.
>
> Jai
>
> Marek
>
> **
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > Video of an elephant painting. It's amazing. If the long link
> below doesn't
> > work, use the tiny url.
> >
> > HYPERLINK
> > "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Ge7Sogrk&eurl=http://lj-
> toys.com/?journal

id=2456484&moduleid=18&auth_token=sessionless:1206568800:embedcontent