> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Josh Marshal put this on his website. His remarks and the
> > video are worth a look. Its from an interview that Obama
> > gave 4 years ago that covers the same ground:
>
> Only part of the same ground, the guns-'n'-God part,
> not the racism or anti-immigrant or anti-trade part.
>
> He says we can't "appear to be condescending toward
> those traditions that are giving their lives some
> stability," without apparently realizing what an
> extraordinarily condescending statement that is.
>
> I found the whole clip painfully patronizing, just
> totally tone-deaf.
>

> > http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/188674.php

I noted that too, but I doubt it would be perceived that way by the vast
majority of people
he was referring to simply because they don't talk/think in such roundabout
ways (if they
did, they wouldn't be working in coal mines, more than likely since no-one does
that if
they can find themselves to a better job). That's condescending too, but tough
shit. Coal
miners aren't addicted to being coal miners. If they could think better, they'd
be doing
something better.

Lawson