I AGREE

"new.morning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Frankly, I like that Obama has a Rev
Wright. I wish the crudeness of
current American politics did not force him to disown the good Rev.
Straight talking, perhaps emphatic, even hypebole-driven connections
can be balancing, invigorating and insightful. I hope Barack keeps
Wright as part of a transparent brain-trust and kitchen cabinet.

Politics today is so afraid of speaking something resembling the
truth. Its largely pandering. Few want to be told that we have
responsibilities, we have blames, we have burdens. America is not the
great shining knight of righteousness that it could have been. It has
goodness. And a lot of baggage, corruption, weak thinking and
calloused hearts. I think Lincoln and Jefferson would weep at viewing
today's America. Wright is a force, not alone, but one of many,
together that can help steer us back to the highest form of the
American Spirit. I hope Barack keeps the door open to Wright. If he
doesn't, he is less different than Hill than I would like to believe.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com