On Apr 30, 2008, at 8:24 AM, shempmcgurk wrote:

On Apr 29, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Richard M wrote:

Notice the phrase "the world's most prominent scientists" rather
than
"the world's most prominent climate or meteorology scientists".

This seems to be an appeal to priesthood pedigree rather than
scientific rationality?

Your conclusion, not mine.

But if that's your guiding light, what ad hominem will you deploy
denigrate climate sceptics such as Richard Lindzen, atmospheric
physicist

Oil and coal interests $2,500 a day for his consulting services;
[and] his 1991 trip to testify before a Senate committee was paid
for
by Western Fuels and a speech he wrote, entitled 'Global Warming:
the
Origin and Nature of Alleged Scientific Consensus,' was
underwritten
by OPEC."

So, how do you feel about Al Gore allegedly making $100 million off
of his Green companies?

I don't know the details (so it's hard to comment) but I am always happy when green based alternatives become investment worthy. If it's true, I guess it's what they call "putting you're money where your mouth is."