The most significant period of my life occurred at age 19, in late September,
'73, during a
two-week  stretch of a several week road trip with a high school buddy, the
itinerary of
which included nightly camping under the stars near flowing streams, and a
daily drive of
several hours between camp sites along a path from Colorado through the Great
Northwest.

 Friends in Manitou Springs introduced us to a woman who joined our trip.  A
year older
than my buddy and I, she was quite earthy and spiritual.  She introduced us to
'Be Here
Now', and was able to score windowpane on the morning we left Manitou Springs
for the
ascent into the Rockies.  That afternoon was the Autumnal Equinox. Aspen trees
were
changing colors for everyone's perception, whether altered or not.  The immense
beauty
of the mountains, streams, and trees was heightened by the full dose of
windowpane
kicking in to stimulate a recognition of the unity and harmony, and immense
love that
permeates creation.  For the next two weeks, as we traversed some of our
countries most
beautiful landscapes, I'd trip in the afternoons, and by the campfire we'd
telepahtically
communicate our understanding of 'Be Here Now'.   I'll always appreciate Mr.
Hoffman for
the waves of intense bliss that flowed through my heart and the lessons of
spirituality I
was introduced to during that time.