> ......the rich are, by
> ANY objective standard of measurement, already paying far more than
> their share.

i don't have the answers, but some questions and some random thoughts:

where does all the wealth come from, anyway?

say, a billionaire has his marketing geniuses come up with some useless
product which his advertising people convince 1 million poor people( who
don't know any better ) to buy the product and the billionaire makes $1
profit on  each item? The billionaire just made one more million from
the poor people without any redeeming benefit for mankind.

Competition, better products? All nonsense?

or what about the federal reserve just printing money and giving it to
the wealthy bankers who mismanaged the money and misled many people(
again, who don't know any better ) just believing in the illusory
American Dream. All the prices go up and ordinary retired people on
fixed incomes, are now in a fix.

Why can't you or I just print some $ up when we mismanage our finances?

Another point. From history, it doesn't seem to work, making/forcing the
rich to give more of their money away; or taking all of their money away
as in a revolution.

But, the only  solution that  would work, it seems, in  my mind is that,
if VOLUNTARILY the rich( including the Vatican  ), say, would use 90% of
their wealth for the benefit of mankind and use 10% or less for
themselves. But, unfortunately it's the other way around. The wealthy
"philanthropists" may use 10%( or less ) for charities etc and usually
with tax break motives and supporting questionable self-interests;  but
make sure they hoard 90% for themselves which still doesn't bring them
any REAL HAPPINESS. That's why they need more and more at everyone's
expense.

It's obvious why the latter doesn't work. Karmically, making millions of
others poor and miserable cannot make you happy.

So, like the movie zeigheist points out in an extreme way, it's all
illusion based on fear, selfishness and violence and only TRUE LOVE in
the NOW can set us free.

So, taking everything into consideration, including MMY's Dream going
down the drain, maybe it's time for the human race to be recycled as was
pointed out as a real possibility by Amma, Tolle and others.

Unless, the Self decides to Awaken in many millions of ordinary people
just for the heck of it.

thanks for listening and Amma Bless,
anatol