On May 2, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Duveyoung wrote:

> The funniest thing to me is that no one here has yet convinced me that
> they grok Advaita enough to know what it is enough to accept or reject
> it.  To reject neo-Advaitans is easypeasy if you don't know what
> you're talking about.  It takes some very adroit observations to catch
> the neo-Advaitans being dissonant with the words of Ramana Maharshi or
> Nisargadatta Maharaj, but the very fact that "language" is being used
> can account for most of the errors of the neo-Ads.

LOL. Oh really?

> When the signs of ego attachment -- not merely "egoic presence" -- are
> seen in the neo-Ads, this is not a legitimate disproving of Advaita's
> axioms or techniques.  If such logic were valid, then every religion
> on Earth would be quickly discounted to zilch, if the true believers
> were to be judged as signs of the dogma's practicality.
>
> So, when I see anti-neo-Advaita smarm, it comes off as such uninformed
> retching that the expression of that POV signals a major
> dysfunctionality of them whats doin' the rejectioning.

I could easily say the same of advaitins and neoadvaitins -- if the
constant bickering and infighting on any of their popular Yahoo! lists
are any example.

> Why is this so surprising that a sub-set of a group should be
> "slightly off message/dogma?"  And who cares?  If the technique is not
> used, understanding Advaita intellectually is evolutionarily
> worthless.

Well if you want 200% you'd have to master BOTH the relative AND the
absolute, no? The advaitins I admire master  dualistic meditational
approaches and the different levels of nondual contemplation AND have
a sound grounding in the relative expression of That.

Thanks for sharing with us one of the most typical mistakes of modern
advaitin talkers and satsangeroos.