Responding to satvadude's and Sal's posts...

Re Robinson's column:

--- In [email protected], satvadude108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> Reprehensible to you because it clearly and truthfully
> lays out the situation.

Uh, no, it's reprehensible because it's
disgracefully false.

> The Hill and Bill show stooped to new lows in this race.

Nope, it's the Obama campaign that has
done and continues to do this, actually.

> No way will she be offered VP.
> Chronic lying race baiters don't make good running
> mates.

She's neither, of course, and I seriously
doubt she'd consider being Obama's running
mate. I'd certainly advise against it. Did
you hallucinate that I suggested it?

Re Fournier's piece:

> On May 9, 2008, at 5:50 PM, satvadude108 wrote:
> 
> > Ms. Stein is quite fond of taking a post and providing
> > her "translation".
> >
> > This is not the first time she has accused Barack
> > of being "arrogant".

Actually, I never have, although I think it's
an accurate description. (About a month ago, I
did post an article from an Australian columnist
who said his treatment of Hillary in the New
Hampshire debate was arrogant.)

> > Translation: arrogant=uppity

Nope, it means exactly the same thing it does
when Robinson calls Hillary arrogant (as you'd
know if you actually read the article).

> > Judy is just like Geraldine Ferraro wondering why
> > the little negroes just won't stay in their place and
> > be thankful for all we have done for them.

Ferraro, of course, wondered nothing of the
kind, nor do I.

How funny that satvadude vigorously insists
it's the Clintonites who are the race-baiters,
not the Obama supporters.

> > Despicable and shameful.

That's right, you are. You can't stand it when
Obama is judged by the same standards that are
applied to everyone else, so you scream "racism."
You want Obama to get a *pass* because he's
black.

That's what Ferraro was complaining about.

> > --- In [email protected], "authfriend" <jstein@> 
wrote:
> >>
> >> ON DEADLINE: Obama walks arrogance line
> >> By RON FOURNIER, Associated Press Writer
> >> Mon Mar 17, 1:57 AM ET
> 
> Notice the date on the article.  Judy had to dig
> back months to find something defamatory.

You were thrilled with Robinson's article, Sal, 
in which he leveled the same accusation at Clinton.
Or do you, like satvadude, consider any criticism
of Obama to be automatically defamatory?

And I didn't have to "dig." I saved that article
when I first read it back in March. What Fournier
describes hasn't changed since then, of course.
I posted it now because of Robinson's article
accusing Clinton of arrogance.

I'd be happy to post a whole batch of *current*
articles that are critical of Obama if you like.
Just say the word.

(But you'll have to wait till tomorrow, because
I'm just out of posts for the week.)



Reply via email to