> > <snip>
> > > It's like Time itself,
> > > one of those forces of nature you can count on. Time
> > > is not gonna stop ticking anytime soon. And IMO it
> > > *will* stop ticking before Judy admits in public
> > > that the belief system she "sold out" to decades
> > > ago is flawed and badly in need of repair. She
> > > cannot bring herself to do this. As far as I can
> > > tell, it's some kind of twisted sense of "honor"
> > > for her.
> > >
> > > In my opinion, of course, which could be wrong.
> >
> > It's wrong. Moreover, it's not even Barry's
> > opinion. He knows better.
>
> This is like the Ultimate Judy Steinism,
> and I never cease to be amazed at it.
>
> When someone honestly expresses what they
> believe about her, and it disagrees with
> what Judy believes about herself, her
> reaction is to believe that the person
> is LYING about what they believe.
>
> To her, that somehow seems more comforting
> than that they actually believe what they
> are saying about her.
>
> I actually believe what I said about her
> above. Judy Stein is in my opinion one of
> the biggest True Believers I have ever
> encountered on this planet, and sadder
> than most, because she cannot admit what
> she is, even to herself.

Judy may be many things, but she isn't a true believer and I'll tell
you why.

There is so much anti-TM crap that is published on this newsgroup
that a genuine true believer would simply not allow themselves to be
exposed to it for more than two or three times.

Judy has allowed herself to be exposed to it for years and, as such,
simply would not have been able to sustain the veneer of a true
believer.

Now, she definitely is a believer but it is based not on blind
belief -- which is the characteristic that, more than any other,
defines a "true believer" -- but on experience and years of
intellectual examination and consideration.  And a true believer
wouldn't be critical of the TMO, which Judy is from time to time.