On Jun 21, 2008, at 2:22 PM, John M. Knapp, LMSW wrote:

> Hi, TurquiseB,
>
> You may be right about the TM leaders. They may or may not change.
>
> But bigger organizations than the tiny TM movement have been changed
> from within. The
> Reformation changed the Christian church. Mahayana changed the face
> of Buddhism. Even
> the modern Catholic Church is grudgingly making some changes in the
> face of their laity's
> outrage.

What I enjoyed about your list was not that the TMO would ever
consider actually doing these suggestions, that would be a "snowball's
chance in hell". Instead they are valuable pointers for people leaving
the TMO for what to look for in terms of honesty and integrity in any
new spiritual or self-help org.