--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My experience on a year long course was that my digestion died.
> This is very common in the TMO and extremely unpleasant, esp-
> cially for someone like me who likes a bit of a scoff. Yet it
> isn't talked about, in fact talk about it being something to
> do with the programme is actively put down. I never heard a
> convincing explanation from ayurveda other than that it's
> like when you clean a pot, first time you scrub it dirt
> comes off and after that it starts to get better. I think
> that implies it's part of the unstressing process. Whatever,
> it aint pleasant and I've seen eighteen year olds from MMY
> schools having to eat ginger pickle to get their digestion
> going.

I'm fortunate in having a robust digestive tract that can digest
pretty much anything. The carb-heavy grain and beans only made me fat,
dull, and lethargic; switching to a more paleo diet took the weight
off and restored my energy. Others aren't so lucky. There's a guy in
FF who I've seen on another diet related Yahoo group, and his is
probably one of the most extreme cases of a Roo diet destroying
health. The guy can now barely eat or keep weight on, and the
diagnosis seems to be gastroparesis.

As for spiritual awakening experiences, I didn't start having them
until after I'd changed my diet to include more meat and far less gain
and beans. Go figure...