On Jul 12, 2008, at 10:57 AM, BillyG. wrote:

> I thought as much, but like you said it's good to be reminded and also
> there are always some new to TM and the group who may not have heard
> it. I don't mean to preach to the seasoned meditators on this group
> only to broach pertinent principles worth discussing.......Thanks!

It's important new TMers are aware this is really just the typical TMO
"dumbing down" of the profound tradition of Patanjali to TM levels. It
does not represent the actual tradition of Patanjali, except (maybe)
as an introductory example using mantra. It's not unusual in TMO
claims to make exaggerated and untrue claims both in their research
and in their alleged connection to various traditions. This is just
another desperate attempt to make such a connection and to appropriate
Patanjali and the yoga-sutras and should be seen as such.