--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >

> > > The first time I came to the main Assembly Hall in Seelisberg, The
> > > Capital of The Age of Enlightenment, there was a huge banner
> running
> > > across and above the stage which in sanskrit read something
> > > like "Only truth will remain"
> > > (Cardemaister might fill in the details.)
> >
> > Well, "satyam eva jayate"??
>
> Possibly. How would "Truth alone remains" read ?

I'm not used to translate *into* Sanskrit. Furthermore,
there are prolly lots of possible verbs for 'remain'
in Sanskrit. One would be 'gAdh':

17       gAdh   (cf. %{gAh}) cl. 1. A1. %{-dhate} , to stand firmly , stay
, remain Dha1tup. ii , 3 ; to set out for (acc.) Bhat2t2. viii , 1 ;
xxii , 2 ; to desire (cf. %{gardh}) Dha1tup. ; to compile , string
together ib.

I guess your sentence, using 'gAdh', would be:

satyam eva gaadhate.