--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mainstream20016" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Re:the move by Girish and the Indian TMO that surprised Bevan (I'd really
> like to see that
> 7/20/08 statement by Bevan, BTW- might it show up on You Tube ? ). Bevan was
probably
> surprised by Girish's move because Bevan publically promotes the continued
> flow of
> Western resources to the Indian TMO. The day before the most recent MUM
> graduation a
> few weeks ago, Bevan informed a meeting of MUM supporters that Dr. Howard
> Settle
had
> committed to working to create a $1Billion endowment for the Bramananda
> Saraswati
> Trust, which supposedly will fund in `perpetuity' a means to preserve and
> promote
> traditional pandits in India.
>
> Despite the goals of the BST, the likely malfeasance of such a sum in the
> hands of the
> Indian TMO will make it very difficult to create the BST endowment.  Along
> those lines, I
> have sense that the default mechanism that skimmed 40% of  revenues for
`International '
> is broken, or soon will be.  Not a moment too soon.

My sense too. It would be incredibly stupid for GIrish Varma to pull this if
he expected to be controlling the $1 billion or any substantial portion of it.
 One troublesome detail, from a TB perspective (which I can admit to in this
situation regardless of the efficacy of the ME), concerns the use of
Vasudevananda's
name on the home page. Is he in favor of this schism (due to pro-Hindi issues vs
Tony Abu-Nader), indifferent, or was he out of the loop concerning the coup?

Seems to me, that it would be in his own best interests, that of the Math,
etc., to go with the Western money, and stay out of endorsing Girish Varma,
UNLESS he has serious reservations about a western-led
TM organization. Even allowing for prejudice on everyone's part, Girish Varma's
latest actions are certainly, at the very very best, heavy handed and clumsy.
OTOH,
as far as coups go, its a pretty decent one.

Lawson