--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "R.G." <babajii_99@>

Girish'
suspicious, no?

> > believe.
much 'percieved'
> > power?
> > >
> > > Did any of it ever make sense? The crowns, the endless
> > > backslapping speeches, why didn't they just get on and
> > > teach people to meditate. Because MMY told them to do
> > > all this crap, and they are just carrying on like some
> > > wind-up toy that doesn't know what else to do.
> > >
> > > Maybe if Girish has ceceded it will snap them out of
> > > their world of make-believe kings and global countries
> > > and get them to do some bloody work for a change.
> > >
> > > But I think it's too late, there isn't the interest
> > > anymore and too many other places to learn TM without
> > > having to deal with the concept of Silent King Tony.
> > >

> > ...especially when you read Girish's website (the one of the
> > organisation he inaugurated the other day).  Why?  Because it is
> > pretty much going down the same failed path that Maharishi
adopted
> > over the past 25 years: watering down the core message of TM by
> > emphasizing all the other silly programs that have nothing to do
with
> > TM.  Indeed, when you read that Indian newspaper story that was
> > linked to here originally by claudiouk, the emphasis on daily
yoga
> > practise almost seems more important than TM.
> >
> > I think Girish' ignoring of King Tony is not because he wants to
> > concentrate on giving out the core message of TM but, rather,
because
> > he simply doesn't recognize King Tony's authority.
>

> IMO, MMY's mission, vision and orgs that reflect that, have always
> been about Spiritually Regnerating the World, bring lasting world
> peace,  bringing heaven on earth, etc. TM, SIMS, the "good ol' days"
> that many of us appear wanting and long for, were never the "thing",
> they were a tool. Still part of the arsenal -- but other things have
> been added, and overshadowed 20min 2x -- in his vision to bring
about
> the above listed global changes. You may feel that he has wrong in
how
> his vision should best to be implemented. You are free to implement
> your own vision in the way your think best.

Putting aside the consideration of dishonesty on the part of
Maharishi for a second (i.e. the departure from the up-to-the-late-
seventies message of TM is 20X2/day and no change of lifestyle), how
successful do you think his "new way" of spiritually generating
mankind has been?