--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "crukstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Life as we know it is meaningless. Start a family, develop a
career
> > so the family can prosper and have security, Then you die, but
hey
> > the young ones are coming up and they can build themselves a life
> > and security, and then they die and their children work and die
and
> > their children work and die. We spend our lives striving for
> > permanence, trying to get our hands around life and it slips away
> > every time.
>
> Giving up the striving for permanence is a sign of a very mature
> adult, but the lack of permanence doesn't mean life is meaningless.
> Raising a loving family is a wonderful thing and many careers enrich
> society and provide the challenge necessary to bring out an
> individual's talents.  There is no real security, we can die at any
> moment, but if you truly face that reality and then life in the
> present moment can be deeply loving and meaningful.
>
> > I heard MMY on tape refer to this world as a vacuum state of
death.
> > It is a cul de sac of birth and death. We are so arrogant in our
> > living bodies, "we are the ones that are alive, we will live
> > forever" and we die in this dream of life.
> >
> > Most of us here on this forum have had at least a glimpse of that
> > inner light opening up and how alive it makes you feel, how right
it
> > seems, like returning to a home that we forgot we had.
> >
> > It's not about this relative existence and how well you
do "here".
> > There is another side and it is huge, it dwarfs our puny little
> > dream of life. That is our duty, to ourselves and our children,
> > wake up to that, anything other than that is just like a skipping
> > record, the same story over and over again, leading nowhere.
>
> If you're measuring "how well you do here" by some superficial
> measurement like accumulation of possessions then that's rather
puny,
> but the hugeness has to be lived here in this body with integrity in
> order to have any relevance.

Then again, who are we to judge another's soul purpose, and what
their particular lessons are.
And what kind of karma, they may need to repay.
I believe Maharishi would talk of this existential emptiness;
Toward the latter days.
I believe he was really upset with the path the United States had
taken, during these Bush years...
And I too have felt this kind of two demensional feeling of the
collective sometimes.
Like it's just about the money and consume, consume, and every
jealous of everyone else, and the whole sort of mentality of the baby
boomers, the younger people with I-pods glued to ear, everyone
walking around not seeing each other, not hearing each other.
This is the downside of modern life.
This is what needs to change.
Not all the rest of the hotdog talk, or whose got the better,
whatever.
But, how the hell we're all going to, in Rodney King's word's:
'Just get along'....
With each other, I mean...
R.G.