> do.rflex wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> >> Some people in the US think that Russia attacked Georgia for its
> >>
> > peaches.
> >

> > Worse, the warmongers have jumped on the band wagon
> >
> Oh no, good Americans are supposed to be watching the Olympics instead
> of the war in Georgia.  I moved from Seattle long ago and can't see the
> Olympics from the Bay Area.
>
> But I did see Darth Cheney spewing his vile on the news last night.  Do
> these fools think they're going to sucker us into a war with Russia
> because we're worried about our empty gas tanks?

Hey, Bob Kerry says that John McCain is trustworthy on these issues.
ANd McCain wants to put us in a position to be forced to attack Russia by
speeding up the admission of Georgia into NATO.

Since its very possible that this thing is where it is at because Russia is
trying to pre-empt the inclusion of Georgia into NATO, I'm not sure what
he thinks forcing RUssia's hand will do. OUr entire posture against the USSR
was MAD. WE're not going to launch nuclear missiles over Georgia.

ANd short of that, we don't have the military power to do much to protect a
country that sits within the old Soviet borders.

Lawson

Lawson