--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > BillyG. wrote:
> > >
> > > The Republicans are holding the line *against* new taxes in
> California
> > > and getting pounded in the media for it, although Swartzen....seems
> > > like nothing but a R.I.N.O. IMO.
> > >

> > The "new" taxes would be on wealthier Californians and corporations
> > anyway.  Not to an extent they can't handle.  This is a very corrupt
> > state in that big business also runs state government and seems to
> have
> > a history of doing so since the capital moved to Sacramento (due to a
> > wealthy benefactor).
> >
> > BTW, I'll put up with earthquakes over hurricanes any day.
> >

> *********
>
> Actually, the proposed small tax increase for very high income people
> has been dead for some time. The latest Republican rejection was of a
> regressive tax increase, a one cent increase in the sales tax:
> Democrats wanted a three year one cent increase; Republicans would only
> go along if there was a sales tax reduction from today's level after
> that temporary three years increase:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5jmub7
> * Agrees for a temporary three year sales tax increase of 1 cent, as
> proposed by the Governor, but rejects the other parts of the Governor's
> proposal that would lower that tax after three years.
>
> CDCAN Comment: The change in the Governor's plan, which would have
> reduced the overall sales tax after three years, may lose the possible
> vote of Republican Sen. Roy Ashburn who said earlier that he could
> possibly support a sales tax increase if it resulted in a reduction -
> as the Governor's plan did. The Senate Democratic revised plan
> eliminates the reduction and only proposes a 3 year temporary increase -
>  a proposal that Republicans in both houses have strongly opposed.

California is like a microcosm of the Country, you have big bloated
bureaucracies unwilling to give even an inch and call a decrease in
their 'increased'  budget a *cut*!! These bureaucracies (especially
the LAUSD, teachers Union) are controlled by Democrats!

Promising the tax payers a temporary tax increase is like a alcoholic
saying he wants just "one more drink", that's ridiculous!!! and more
Democrat lies. Palin may be able to shake up these monopolies,
something Obama will be unwilling to touch, change? HA, HA, HA!  GMAB!