--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Just another smear by the liberal, misogynist, media who can't
stand that a woman of true values and integrity with a plastic Jesus
in her heart has stepped-up to the plate and hit a grandslam for the
red,white and blue! Go Alaska!

<http://www.searchme.com/#/0/&pi=11/&stack=19fee/&ci=all/&session=0448

> > &pi=11/&stack=19fee/&ci=all/&session=0448F
> > > > >
> > 3B2FF77E257D06F3A27CF2284EB59/&vs=stacksState/

> > actuarial tables
> > die within the next

> > actuarial tables".

> > government indicate a one
> > Damon claims.

> > http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html

> > 72 to 75 you get
> > in 7.

> > skin cancer? He
> > > had a
> > > >

> > > No, I didn't.
> > >
> > > There are, literally, dozens of variables aside from
> > age and gender
> > > (the only two variables in the actuarial charts I
> > linked to above)
> > > that are factored into an individual's actuarial
> > rating and, yes,
> > > cancer history is an important one.
> > >
> > > Another one is the lifespan of one's parents; for
> > example McCain's 96
> > > year old mother, who is still alive.
> > >
> > > However, one cannot take ALL the variables and make an
> > effective
> > > rating for a given individual without having access to
> > one's full
> > > medical records and history.
> > >
> > > I doubt the Hollywood star Matt Damon had access to
> > those.
> > >
> > > Absent those records, one can only rely upon the
> > general age/gender
> > > actuarial tables, which is what I linked to.
> > >
> > > By the way, another factor that would have to be
> > considered would be
> > > profession.  Professions such as airline pilot or
> > trapeze artist gets
> > > special ratings (i.e. costs extra premium on an
> > insurance policy).
> > > And, of course, one of the most dangerous jobs in the
> > world
> > > is "president of the United States" because
> > of 43 that have existed,
> > > 4 have been assassinated.
> > >
> > > But that "rating" would apply not only to
> > McCain but to Obama as well.
> > >
> > > Damon probably meant that McCain had a 1 in 3 chance
> > of dying over
> > > the period of 8 years, which is two terms as
> > president.  That would
> > > have been more accurate, but Damon made specific
> > reference to one
> > > term.
> > >
> > > And, of course, a candidate for president only runs
> > for one term at a
> > > time.
> > >

> > He probably misread:
> >
> > http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=253B8DF9-18FE-70B2-
> > A8961A86DC5B16C7

Yes, I think you're right, Spare Egg.

As I surmised in a separate response to Rick Archer, Damon's 1 in 3
figure only works if one is considering 8 years, which is two
presidential terms in office.

Of course, candidates only run for one term at a time.

Thanks for finding that Politico.com link as I think it was the cause
of Damon's confusion which, of course, caused his reasoning to be off
by 133%.