--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
> <willytex@> wrote:
>
> > "If Mr Obama should be in any doubt how gravely
> > the Alaska governor's vice-presidential nomination
> > has imperiled his White House ambitions, then a
> > day spent in Macomb County will make this clear:
> > white women who voted for John Kerry in 2004 are
> > suddenly deserting him on masse."
> >
> > Read more:
> >
> > 'Palin wins over Obama women'
> > By Tim Reid
> > Times Online, September 12, 2008
> > http://tinyurl.com/4mqvht
>
> My brother lives in Mt. Clemens. This is the demographic I have been
> yammering about. Times Online: "This is Mount Clemens, in the heart
of
> Macomb County, where the pollster Stan Greenberg first identified
the
> phenomenon of the Reagan Democrats – the working-class, socially
> conservative, traditionally Democratic whites who deserted the party
> for Ronald Reagan in 1980. It is fair to say that this critical
swing
> group now has a new name: Palin Democrats."

It doesn't matter who they vote for because both parties are in the
pockets of big business, and they'll get screwed over by McCain just
like they got screwed over by Bush and Clinton. The way Obama has
flip-flopped hard to the right, I think he's just as capable of
pushing for NAFTA-style middle class destruction as Hillary.