> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > [...]
> > formula

> > > Not fraudulently in MMY's eyes;
> >

> > ...you mean publishing photographs of hoppers in the apex of the
> > hopping parabola isn't fraudulent?
> >
> > I disagree...
> >

> They're still practicing what he belives leads to the ability to
> float.

...and so do I (that is, I both practise the technique AND believe
it leads to the ability to float.

But that doesn't negate the fact that a conscious decision was made
to present something that wasn't true and to purposely mislead.

> > > A serious accusation. what data?
> >
> > 1) Not publishing "negative" results on TM and reinterpreting
data
> > and studies done by others and publishing those
reinterpretations.

> Never heard of the second, and the "file-drawer phenomenon" is
well-
> known enough to have its own term in the scientific literature and
> isn't limited to True Believers in the religious sense. Everyone
does
> it or is tempted to do it. Doesn't make it right, of course.
>

> > 2) (not unethically but) putting gold paint on the scientific
> > documents...
>

> ??? That's a bound book. Do you think they do that with the
journal
> publications?

TMO;

> > > In the USA, they sorta kept within the boundries of the law...
> >

> > That's not what I am referring to.  I am referring to the fact
that
> > the TMO -- an organisation with the stated purpose of
promulgating
> > the TM program -- engaged in something that "took sides" and
was,
> in
> > effect, a philosophy.  TM is not a philosophy nor a religion; it
is
> > supposed to be for all regardless of religious or political
bent
> > and the organisation responsible for promulgating it should
always
> > be neutral and NOT engage in anything partisan.  This the TMO
did
> by
> > getting involved in politics which was, of course, a crass
attempt
> > at getting publicity in order to "sell" TM and other TM
ancillary
> > programs.  You know it, I know it, and Beth Littleford knows it.
> >

> Um...

> > associated
> > > >

> > > Fund-raising efforts...
> >

> > ...sad that the organisation responsible for promulgating the
most
> > important self-development technique ever (IMHO) stoops to such
> > silly level...
>
> Been an MAK user for years. My twice-yearl strep throat infections
> haven't come back since I started. I'm happy to donate to the
cause
> in exchange for that.

Go right ahead.

But it has nothing to do with TM.

And with limited resources you'd think that the TMO would stick to
just doing ONE thing: promulgating TM.  Instead they cut themselves
incredibly thin doing 100 things under the sun.

> > > Already the case, in most people's eyes, even by before the
> Sidhis
> > > were introduced...
> >

> > Oh, I certainly disagree with that.  The Sidhis were introduced
> > around 1976 and, for the first time, an organasation responsible
> for
> > spreading a self-development program was on its way to becoming
> > mainstream.  And the Sidhis themselves didn't blow it but the
way
> > that one of the Sidhis -- the flying technique -- was
introduced,
> > did.
>
> Most press believe that the Sidhis were introduced AFTER
initiations
> slowed down. This is my recollection as well. The TMO was getting
> less mainstream anyway, IMHO.

...in '75 and '76 initiations were at their peak.  That's when the
sihis were introduced...