> > The way that can be spoken is not the Constant Way.
Enlightenment
> > isn't something you can describe, so why try?
>
> It's fun!
>
> ------I can describe it but you won't understand or like my
description.

I try to stay out of discussions about "what is enlightenment,"
attempts to *define* it in words.  That, to me, is a classic
waste of time.

What is not necessarily a waste of time to me is the attempt
to do some kind of justice to one's personal, subjective
experience of certain steps along the path of realizing
enlightenment.  Those can be interesting for the person doing
it, because trying to express the inexpressible can be a means
of clarifying one's own personal experience.  The descriptions
might also resonate with someone who has had a similar exper-
ience, and who might not have described it in those terms.

An example that springs to mind was the attempt by Marek and
Dr. Pete and others to clarify an aspect of the first onset
of enlightenment, and whether it (enlightenment) can be said
to "appear."

That struck me as interesting, because it wasn't really an
attempt to define enlightenment per se, merely one's percep-
tion of an enlightenment experience, in contrast to a
"normal" perception before enlightenment "appeared" (or, as
was the topic of conversation, before the illusion that it
had not always been present disappeared).

Unc