> authfriend wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> >> Interview - Naomi Wolf - Give Me Liberty
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI
> >>
> >> Wolf raises issues with the bailout and the threat of martial
> >> law if the bill didn't get passed (a totally unacceptable
> >> threat, people)
> >
> > Who threatened martial law if the bill wasn't passed??
>
> You didn't watch the video did you?

No, and I ain't gonna waste a half-hour on her.

  She mentions Representative Sherman
> of California told of the martial law threat.

I Googled it and found a clip of Sherman's
statement. As it turns out, he was reporting the
alleged threat second hand, and apparently
misunderstood it. The House leadership *did*
threaten a legislative procedure known as
"martial law" which suspends a provision in the
House rules that legislation can't be voted on
the same day it's introduced, to enable a bill
to be passed immediately.

For pete's sake, use a little common sense.