--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > There is a hatha yogic technique
> > where
> > > you lift yourself up with your arms and then bounce on the
butt, in
> > > order to create a push on the lower chakras. Even though the
> > technique
> > > is not identical, the effect may be similar.
> >
> > Not sure about that.  Even people who never hop
> > have reported a significant increase in clarity.
>
> Well, as I always did hop, I can't compare. But there used to be a
> marked difference between the hopping and from the rest of the
> program, especially if that wasn't clear before. And there was
> always a stress on people to hop in order to get on courses.

There wasn't any of that on my course.  Almost all of
us "ladies" hopped, but there were a few who didn't,
and they got a lot of support, were told not to worry.
I was never asked to say whether I hopped when I applied
for a course.

> > By the time I learned, it was common knowledge
> > among TMers--at least in New York City--that it
> > was hopping rather than flying.
>
> That was definitely different at my time. I learned the first
> Siddhis at my TTC in August 1977 and got flying in February 1978.

My course was in '84 (or maybe '85; I can never
remember).

> I was
> actually disappointed that people weren't floating. When I saw the
> first ones hopping I thought they were cheating. But I had the inner
> sensation of floating right at the initiation into the flying
> sutra - no hop though.

I've rarely had a sensation of floating, and I had
no experience in particular during the initiation.

But I'll never forget the first actual flying session
and the internal sensation of the hopping *impulse*,
although I had no idea what it was until several days
later when I actually started to hop.  That sensation
impressed the daylights out of me because it was so
powerful and so clearly triggered by thinking the
sutra.  Nobody had said a word about what it would
feel like, so I had no idea what to expect.