> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
<snip>
> > You claimed that you and Raunchy had death threats
> > hurled at you.
>
> I said misogynistic vomit, including death
> threats, had been hurled at us and many other
> women.
>
> > I asked you for examples.
> >
> > You gave some.
>
> I gave two, both from one post of Barry's.

Last, hopefully, point on this for those who
haven't been following it closely enough to
recognize how grossly it's been distorted by
Barry and his minions.

My original remark about how "misogynistic vomit
(including death threats)" had been hurled at
raunchydog and me and many other women *didn't
mention Barry*.

Nor did I cite him as the author of the threats
until *after he had identified himself* as the
author and quoted the post containing the threats.

At which point I confirmed that those were the
threats I had referred to.

In my original post, it was just a passing
reference, a parenthetical. I had no intention
of making a big deal of it or even of ever
referring to it again. The only reason for
mentioning it at all was as an example of how
extreme the "misogynistic vomit" had become here.

Even if you don't think "death threats" was an
appropriate way to characterize Barry's sick
fantasies of raunchydog's and my violent deaths,
if you can't even acknowledge how extreme they
were, if you think they were an acceptable form
of discourse on this forum, you have some serious
problems with your view of gender relations.

The closest anybody (except raunchydog) has come
to rebuking Barry for posting those fantasies is
Curtis, who admitted they were "a bit heavy-handed."

Instead, everybody is criticizing *me* for
referring to them by a term they don't feel is
appropriate, i.e., nitpicking. Calling
raunchydog and me "dumb angry cunts too stupid
to live" is just fine; calling this a "death
threat" is a dreadful sin for which an abject
apology is required.

And note again that the person who has made a
big deal of this is not me but Barry, the one
who made the violent comments in the first place.

Simply astonishing.

I've remarked before on the moral and ethical
vacuity of FFL. That vacuum has now become almost
total.

(Looking back, I realize Barry was hoping I'd
explode with fury over his fantasies of
murdering me and raunchydog. It must have been
quite a disappointment when I didn't, but with
the enthusiastic cooperation of others here, he
managed to fabricate the huge fuss he wanted out
of the one passing reference I did make.)