> > Safe and mainstream?  What do you think I do for a living Nabby?
>

> Playing hillbillymusic in bars.

No, on every point.  I had 17 shows last month and one was in a "bar."
 I wont try to straighten you out on the style of music I am spending
my life preserving. But claiming a fulltime artist is living a safe
mainstream life is a bit of a stretch.  That is what we give up to
pursue our dreams.

> > I have a right to judge and criticize Guru Dev for sending a message
> > to women that they were not allowed to be in his presence.
>
> Yes, surely you are much better mentally equiped to know what is
best > for Guru Devs disciples on the other side of the globe trying
to > stabilize celebacy than Guru Dev. No doubt about that. Everything
you > write proofs this point.

You sure it wasn't Guru Dev's dhoti with the pitched tent in front?
Trying to deny the woman repressing nature of the Vedic culture that
Guru Dev represented, isn't going to work.  And justifying one of the
Popes of Hinduism not allowing women in his presence isn't possible
either.  He was sending a clear message, as did Maharishi, on the non
equality of women.  Blaming women for men's boners is also VERY old
school.  The culture already insisted that women cover their hair with
their sari when visiting a "holy" man to keep their inie from becoming
an outie.  Separating women from men is common in that part of the
world so Guru Dev could have met with women separately if he was
worried about his disciple's boners.  If he was who you claim, Guru
Dev was denying women the most valuable thing in life, darshon in the
presence of a living master.  And this sacrifice for that whole gender
was worth it to keep the trouser trout from jumping in the stream?

> > I knew plenty of women on Mother Divine who could have been much
> more
> > effective teachers than many guys on Purusha, but they were told not
> > to worry their pretty little heads about teaching campaigns and just
> > close their eyes like good little nuns.  For modern women to allow
> > such blatant sexism is totally weird.  Now the delicate women should
> > go rest now, was their message.
>
> Agreed. Many women would be more balanced and feminine if they took
> more frequent naps.
>
> And no curtis, I did not write ALL but MANY women.

I am taking a list of names of mothers raising kids who would like to
slug you for that comment.  You are reflecting your ol' master's ol'
timey religion.  Women are the weaker sex doncha know.  I will let a
woman field this one if they care to.

But my point remains.  The way Mother Divine was told to go rest as a
basis for the "boys" (diminutive intended) activity proves my point.
Maharishi was a sexist who believed that women are the weaker sex.