Alex Stanley wrote:
> ...but what about all that esoteric
> ooga-booga, like nadi granthis in the
> sushumna blocking kundalini in the third
> chakra?

The notion of 'chakras' came long after the
age of Patanjali; that's why he doesn't talk
much about the 'nadis' - that's a hatha yoga
notion first expounded by Matsyendranath in
the age of the siddha mystics, in the 'Hatha
Yoga Pradapika', which came later during the
Gupta Age in India. Patanjali doesn't have
much to say about nada yoga - I doubt that
it even existed in his day, except in some
minor esoteric sect in the Upper Kashi.

> What's the connection between that stuff
> and Realization?

There's no connection between 'ooga-booga'
and Realization. The historical Buddha, the
founder of yoga practice in India, didn't
mention any 'nadis' or 'granthis', so I
guess it's not very important.

But you might relate to the 'nadi' theory
when you consider that the practice of TM
helps the body secrete seratonin, which
gives the individual a sense of well-being.

Like that, the subtle psychic channels in
the esoteric body can cause change at will.

According to the Marshy, the practice of TM
can form 'soma' in the gut.

Dr. Pete would probably be knowing more about
the bio-chemical substances, such as feminine
fluids, kundalini and their relation to mental
equipoise, but it's a fact that some cell
salts are very beneficial to humans.

According to Swami Shivananda Radha, every
hatha yoga pose has a corresponding physio-
logical and mental correlate; a system worked
out by yogi alchemists.

Read more:

'The Alchemical Body'
Siddha traditions in medieval India