> I'm not gay but I am sure voting AGAINST Proposition 8 here in
> California.  A few years back Californians voted to allow same sex
> marriage

"Californians voted to allow..."

Bhairitu, that means that Californians voted on a proposition or in a
referendum on that question (you didn't write that California's
legislature voted to allow it).

I was not aware that Californians voted on this question.

Could you please tell me when Californians voted to allow same sex
marriage?