--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 He first was in Cologne and then went to Nuremberg
> where I am from.

Thanks for the update.  Your English is incredibly gut.
I studied German in gymnasium (FisCher) but all I really rememeber is
Noch zwei, bitte when I wanted to order bier for my friend and I.  I
was in Switzerland (mein unkle has lived there about 40 years),
Germany and Italy in Jan '72.  I got a horrible chest cold in Munchen
(how do you make the : roll over?) and my friend and I went to a
spa.  The sauna was coed with some beautiful, naked women.  I
got "overheated" and wanted to leave but my friend couldn't bear to
miss it (Irishman, of course).  They had just built the subway there
for the upcoming Olympics.  Being from New York, I couldn't believe
how CLEAN it was.
It didn't look real.  The gravel was pristine, I kept staring at it
through the glass like it was a museum.

The subways were different, as you were supposed to get a ticket
date/time stamped when you went in, but as no one seemed to be
checking, we started to ride for free.  On our last trip I had one
last valid ticket and used it, but my friend didn't.  On the ride we
befriended a Turkish guy who spoke some English.  As we were leaving
he spotted a guy checking tickets.  He was a real old guy with what
looked like a WWII uniform.  We tried to slip through but he grabbed
my friend and me and the Turkish guy were pulling on one arm while
the subway guard was screaming in German, tugging on the other.
Finally, we broke him free and ran like hell.  God, it makes me laugh.

In Dusseldorf (need another rolling :), we went to a party and the
host, when informed we were Americans said, "Well, How the Hell are
ya'll" in the best Texas drawl I'd ever heard.  Turns out he'd been
an exchange student in some small Texas town.  One day he was walking
down the street with a 6 pack of beer in a bag and a Texas Ranger
stopped him:  "What ya'll got in the bag, boy?"  He got hauled in as
he was underage to drink.  He had a bunch of German ID's in his
wallet.  He pulled them out and said "Officer, my father is the
diplomatic attache to the German representative to the United Nations"
and showed him the German ID's.  "I just tell you this as it appears
you want to arrest me and as I have shown you I have Diplomatic
Immunity, I just don't want you to get in any trouble."
Well the guy looks at the ID's and looks at the kid who's keeping a
straight face like a champ.  "Uh, well, OK" he said.  "Get out of
here."  "But what about my beer?" the kid asks.  "Oh, hell just take
the beer and GET THE HELL OUT OF HEEH."  Always wished I could have
balls like that.

Jeff