> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know a good rich text editor that you can
> > download for free for Windows?
>
> For programming, or word processing? What kinds of
> features are you looking for?

I need MS word documents from students to open, and to ba able to
edit them, and to be able to do formatting. I have MS Office but I
lost the disk, and I really don't want to buy it again, since as soon
as I can switch all my software over to my new Mac, I will switch
from using windows on the mac to leopard. In the meantime, that will
cost me more than I feel like paying after spending 3,000 on the
macbook pro (which is working fine now by the way)

Otherwise I just use InDesign for everything like that, but having
students that only have Word causes issues, because I cannot easily
edit, and also many of my old files that I use very semester but with
some tweaking here and there, only come up in a read only MS viewer
right now.

I know I have MS Office somewhere but cannot find the disk. I may
need to buy it anyway, since some students occasionally send stuff in
powerpoint. Seems like a waste to spend $200 when I can spend about
$700 to switch everything to the mac side.

What is the mac version of word and powerpoint anyways? Do you have
to buy it separate from Microsoft? Anyone know?

OffWorld