> The new device, which has been inspired by the way fish
>swim, consists of a system of cylinders positioned horizontal
>to the water flow and attached to springs.
> As water flows past, the cylinder creates vortices...

This is alarmingly reminiscent of the "trout turbine" by
Viktor Schauberger. See also the Tesla Turbine, invented
by the Great Man when he was 5. I smell a touch of the
"tornado in a can".

I suspect this technology is something between 50 and 100
years old, like most of the ultra high efficiency carbon
free technologies waiting to be taken off the shelf.

Uns.