--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes...@...>
wrote:
<snip>
> We've been mugged for sure.
>
> But that's never as bad as being forced out of your home.
> Having your only means of income destroyed. Seen your town
> bulldozed and rich foreigners build homes on the ruins from
> which they shoot at you. Been denied education and medical
> help. Denied clean water. Denied the right to travel in your
> own country. The list of abuse at the hands of Israel and
> consequently us

(Or vice-versa...)

> is depressingly long.

On another forum, my sister made the point recently
that you simply can't draw an equivalence, as so many
do, between the powerful, militaristic state of
Israel and the (relatively) powerless Palestinians.
It's the former that has to find a way to make peace
with the latter, not the reverse.