I just wonder what beliefs people hold. There's
a strong possibility that these people carry some
cognitive dissonance, and I wonder how they
reconcile it. What are the options?

1. My experience tells me my program is good,
but my experiences don't corroborate that group-
dynamics-of-consciousness thing.

2. I believe in the Maharishi Effect, but the
hired meditators will cover for me.

3. I went out of my way to support the TM
organization for many, many years because I
believe in its goals, but I have nothing left
to give.

There are other possibilities, of course.

Doug suggests that people are boycotting the
domes because they have ethical objections to
the organization, but that explanation doesn't
sound persuasive to me. Hence my conjecture
about what the real motives may be.

P.S. A few years ago I was explaining the
Maharishi Effect to a socially conscious friend
who, when he grasped what I was saying, could not
understand why people were not flocking to the
domes to transform the nation and the world. He
accepted my explanations about the difficulties
of making money in a tiny town and making time
for group program. Still, the sincerity of his
response said, "If you have the key to do so
much good, how can you not use it?"

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...>