--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" wrote:

> Like flying, TM leading to better ethics
> is a hollow claim with plenty of counter evidence.

> I'm not saying that some really impulsive people
> don't benefit in being able to think before they
> act a bit more from the influence of
> meditation.  But the movement is not filled with
> more ethical people than I see in an ordinary mix
> of well educated society and it has it
> full share of criminals who meditate regularly.

As an old-time TM teacher once pointed out
to me, it's really the science that tells
you whether someone's claims are valid. Any
organization can trot out reasonably attractive
representatives who relate inspiring anecdotes
about their program's benefits. Or in your
examples above, Curtis, it's easy to find
scoundrels in the saintliest organization.
But a strictly designed, well-controlled
study shows you whether the program works
regardless of the Shining Example here and
the Sorry Disappointment there. Are you
acquainted with the Nidiches research on
ethics and TM? Do you have an opinion about it?