Comment below.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" wrote:

> Excellent points Patrick.
>
>  Are you
> > acquainted with the Nidiches research on
> > ethics and TM? Do you have an opinion about it?
> >

> I don't really feel qualified to understand
> what the research does and does not prove.

This is the nub of the issue, isn't it? I'm
surprised at how paltry my education has been
regarding what constitutes good science. Even
in journalism graduate school, the required
course on research - which should have
concentrated on evaluating studies - failed
to convey anything useful. Peter Sutphen's
critiques in this forum have been good. And
Vaj likes to take apart TM research. Maybe if
we posted studies here, we could evaluate them.

As I recall the Nidich research, it was well-
replicated and had impressive p-values, but
beyond that, I don't know how solid it is.
What I do recall is that Maharishi School
and Maharishi University students scored
real well on a Kohlberg moral development
test, outscoring students who tried to
develop their moral compasses using methods
Kohlberg developed. At least, that's how I
recall it from the days when I was a proponent
of such things.