--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Vaj, I was thinking of putting a website together that consists
of
> > all
> > > robust scientific research published in serious peer-reviewed
> > > scientific journals. The above would be my criteria for
inclusion.

> > The noetic institute summarizes the results of way over 1,000
> studies
> > published from 1936? to 1996. It covers all known meditation
> research
> > on all forms of meditation done during that time, I believe:
> >
> > http://www.noetic.org/research/medbiblio/index.htm>>
>

> This is great. Thanks.
> Does anyone know ? Was Herbert Benson a TM researcher, practitioner?

Benson co-published a study in Scientific American with a post-Doc
that he was advising named R.K. Wallace. Benson later went on to
publish _The Realxation Response_ While Wallace founded MIU, now
called MUM.

Wallce was the principle researcher (his name came first, out of
alphabetical order) but Benson is often cited as the sole author. Go
figure.
> know he later proved that people relaxing were in fact, relaxing,
and
> that Tibetan Buddhists could increase the temperature of their
toes.

Benson is getting up in years, but he was publishing just a few years
ago and his webpage says he's got two new books coming out..