On Feb 4, 2009, at 4:08 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
What is the IQ of these 60 million?  How do you know you aren't one of
them or are you just playing humble? I would think quite a few on this
group fit in the 60 million.

I would also.  Too bad none of them
ever want to post. :)

 And intelligence can be expressed in
different ways.  Some people "appear" intelligent because they've been
able to memorize a bunch of facts but faced with a problem may not be
able to solve it.  Some appear intelligent because they can write in
flowery words or academic prose but not express an original idea.

I'm not sure it is intelligence that gets these people those high income
gigs.  In cases I've seen it is being smart enough to cover their butt
and bluff while storming up the hill blindly. While others wiser might
weigh all the consequences and decide it such a venture is not worth a
risk.  It looks like we've had quite a few financial execs who have
charged up the hill and gone right over the cliff taking their "too big
to fail" organization with them.  Such bravado.

Then you have to think about Bill McGuire who's exit compensation from
United Health was over a billion dollars.  That means that a lot of
people who had insurance with that company were denied claims to give
that bastard such an outrageous amount. He's got to be one of the
greatest con artists in history.

He's undoubtedly become a Republican folk
hero by now.

Sal