On Feb 6, 2009, at 8:25 PM, Fairfield Lifer wrote:

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 6:55 PM, BillyG. <wg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I think MMY kind of felt the ends justified the means, and teaching a
little Yoga in a simple manner would be more popular than teaching the
complete Yoga as defined by Maharishi Patanjali. Unfortunately, this
adulterated Patanjali's  teachings and left them somewhat diminished
in their effectiveness.

Perhaps MMY thought he could incorporate the other important limbs (or
means) later when people would be more receptive.......who knows?

Is this groundhog day or deja vu all over again?

Maharishi stated very clearly in a Humboldt tape which was a favorite
residence course tape, which got repackaged with the MERU swan,
Packabel and the haughty announcement of "Courses for Citizens of the
Age of Enlightenment" that there had been a misinterpretation of
Patanjali, that there was an 8 fold path (actually 8 limbs to the
tree), and that the limbs weren't to be followed one at a time until
you got them all mastered.  Mastering one (he used 3 different
branches as examples) gets you mastery of all.  Pull one leg of a
table and the other legs come with it.

So whom are you going to believe?  Maharishi or Maharishi?

Can't we just believe ole Patanjali and his tradition of realizers?... and close the door on the Vedic salesman trying to sell us something?

Of course if you say "no" to the above I'd like to tell you about by my skip-the-limbs Quantum technique (STLQTâ„¢). Using the power of the unified field and formulas easily explained by a defrocked world- famous Quantum Physicist, Norman Einstein, there's no need to follow meditation step-by-step. You can skip how ever many steps you so desire, and be absorbed in imperturbable samadhi in no time. You'll even be fully enlightened in 2-5 years, depending of course on your karma and your genetic ancestors behavioral habits.