Edg, as you can probably tell, I...uh...watch a
lot of films. :-) I'll tell you how I do it, but
you must understand that it is a system that is
based on me being an eyepatch-wearing Pirate.

I can't see English-language films here in Sitges.
If I were to wait for them to come out on DVD I
would be waiting six months to a year for each of
them. So I download them from the Net, using a
wonderful BitTorrent client called Miro. Miro
allows me to "subscribe" to "channels" that are
defined via an RSS feed. It's like "subscribing"
on Tivo to record every episode of one of your
favorite TV shows.

Anyway, two of the best "channels" are called
Timo's Movie Trailers and Timo's HD Movie Trailers.
Literally every trailer for every movie released
appears on them. So I glance at the description
of the movie, and if it sounds interesting I down-
load the trailer and watch it. If it looks like a
film I'd enjoy watching, I add the name of it to
a list I keep called "Films To Watch For." Then
I wait to see if they appear as torrents, and when
they do, I download them.

That's it. Takes only a few seconds. I never read
movie reviews before watching a film. The only
reviewer I read is Roger Ebert, and that only after
having seen the film myself, to see if he liked it,
too.

Again, this a technique that works for us pirates,
but might not for those of you who have the luxury
of being able to get the movies you want to see on
your cable box or from Netflix.

Yo ho ho and a big bag of popcorn...