--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anon, I think a more accurate description would just
> be an aggressive response in reaction to your post
> rather than a passive-aggressive psychologist. My
> response to you had nothing to do with me being a
> psychologist

I had assumed a pshychologist walks his walk. Not just talks to
patients about anger management and all. Sorry if the shoe didn't fit.

> and it certainly wasn't passive in its
> aggressiveness. It was rather straight-forward. I
> called you an asshole.

And why did you do that? Because of my comment, "And thus all
Chanallees are stupid?". That was my humorous attempt to have you see
the limitations(IMO) of your comment. You really seem to have a
hair-thin triggger finger. A tendency towards sudden anger.  Do you
see this?

> Your
> "cameras rolling" comment is another example of your
> passive-aggressiveness.

How so? I was trying to remind you that we were not talking alone, but
infront of many people, though I felt in your anger, that may have not
been forefront in your mind.

> But I also recognize that any
> discussion with you is pretty hopeless because you
> have never modified,backed-down or corrected any
> position you take.

How so? I often modify my views based on new information. Its ironic.
Three days ago you were lauding me for writing a post (on Gita
passages) that "made reading FFL worthwhile". Now apparently I am a
incalitrant slob. Not the steadiest prajna I have come across.

> Also your anonymous posting gives
> you a false bravado.

Why is that? How would you know what my normal level of bravado is? A
majority of people on FFL post not in thier own name. Does that give
all of them a false sense of bravado?

> Why don't you post in your own
> name? Are you concerned regarding the consequences of
> your posts or your name being known? Why? Are you on
> MUM faculty or administration? I'm not trying to
> attack you here, I'm just curious.

Habit. Preference. And to me it cultivates and reinforces the the
awareness of non-ownership of ideas.

To me your name is as anonymous as any other. I don't know you. Its
just a name. If you were signing off as "Peter Pan", it would all be
the same to me.