--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > And to
> > hear apologists for the the caste system in the movement is a real
> > disgrace to the progressive values of the best thinkers of our
> > generation.  (Oops I was one of THEM!)
> >

> My TB friends every once in a while mention something positive about
> caste systems.  Things like the value of reducing the stress of having
> to find your place in the world.  Or the value of having fathers pass
> on knowledge to their sons.  Somehow, women seem to be left out. :)

I am reading some books on the "reconstruction" era of the South.
They have the same arguments about how much happier freed slaves would
be with someone to guide them because of the inferiority of their
race.  They even have the arguments about how much better off they
would be to know their place in the next world too!

Devious humans are so predictable when they try to run a number on
other people, same raps, same scripts.  And the same bullshit
oppression wrapped up in the smiling assurance that it is all for
"your own good" cuz those in power know best.