--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk_bernha...@...>
wrote:

> I can't remember. I thought we combined two years when the budget
was low.
> One year was softcover. In that one I have a couple photos. One, I
am
> sitting next to my gorgeous girlfriend of the time Yasmin. Boy did
she hate
> me. Such great memories.  I look back on all the faces, and not s
single
> mother fucker have ever called me again since MIU. Not one. I saw
my sidhis
> buddy during Mardi Gras one year. I was bartending on a parade
route. He was
> with some girls. He said, he don't tell them anything about TM. I
was like,
> hey great to see you too you fucking piece of shit. You were
supposed to be
> my friend. Fuck you.
>
> Sorry but the MIU-friend thing got me going a bit.
>
> I have never talked to a single one of those people again.
>
> You guys here are better friends than they were.

There are three people I am still close to from my MIU days; still
keep in touch, mainly be email.

But it was amazing going through the yearbooks from the years I was
there because I saw faces and names I hadn't thought of in 30 years!
Quite a trip down memory road.

I'd love to know how many are still meditating; how many are
disillusioned with the TMO; and how many are still gung-ho.

Of the three people I referred to above, 2 still meditate regularly,
the other is sporadic in his practise and I am still regular.

so that's three out of four as far as still doing TM goes, although I
somehow suspect that's an exception.

As far as disillusionment with the TMO goes, 3 of the 4 of us are
disillusioned to one degree or another and the fourth is still starry-
eyed (although that could be a function of the fact that he is so far
removed from the TMO where he resides that he is living off of the
fumes of the TMO's good days of yesteryear...

One