On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM, curtisdeltablues
<curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...>
>> A better analogy is comparing mood altering drugs to marijuana.
>> Anti-depressants don't alter the mood and are not addicting in that
>> sense.  Benzodiazepines like Xanax or Valium are psychoactive drugs
>> that work on the central nervous system, altering mood and behavior.
>> They are usually dispensed in small amounts and are highly addictive.
>> They have their place but certainly should not be legal and freely
>> available.  Marijuana I have mixed feelings about. Face it,marijuana
>> makes you stupid.
>
> This is context dependent and depends on your experience practicing
> any activity while stoned.  Give a neewbie a joint and they will
> probably have some trouble with the math section of the SATs.  (unless
> that is their thing and they practice math stoned)  But in the context
> of a musical jam the increased connection between kinostetic and
> auditory channels can boost creativity, just turn on the radio to hear
> the results.  It can make your mind distracted by causing you to hyper
> focus on sensation. (bedroom boon!)  But in the context where this
> shift is valuable it can be an asset.

This is gratuitous.  I've heard this a million times.  It is the same
litany, pretty much word for word.   Practice makes perfect.  "I can
get stoned and act perfectly normal.  Nobody is the wiser."  I'm not
sure if I buy this or not.  I would like to see some studies that show
this is really the case and not just a stoner telling me it's the
case.  My observation is that judgement and behavior are impaired, no
matter what the experience level with the weed is.  I suspect the
person is saying that they've accumulated to being stoned so that they
don't notice being stoned anymore.

But I don't care to debate this issue.  I have my vote and I have my
campaign contributions to give.  I will use them as I desire and see
fit.