From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Duveyoung
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 9:57 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] THE NEWBIE QUESTION LIST

If you're new here, tell us about yourself, and then post this with a
new title that includes your name: THE NEWBIE QUESTION LIST: <your
name here>

1. In which religion were you raised?

Congregational (Protestant), although it didn't mean anything to me. My
mother dragged me to church.

2. In which other religious movements have you been a true believer?
List them in chronological order.

TM, Amma, if you count those as religious movements.

3. Do you believe in reincarnation?

Yes.

4. Do you believe in an omniscient, omnipotent, God Who is running the
universe down to the least aspect?

Yes, although the term "running" is debatable. I believe everything is
pervaded by intelligence, and if you look closely enough, everything seems
to be operating according to laws or principles that only an infinite
intelligence could construct and maintain.

5. How do you define soul?

Soul - universal consciousness. soul - individual entity that reincarnates
from body to body in order to learn lessons and make spiritual progress.

6. How do you define enlightenment?

Realization of universal consciousness by embodied soul.

7. Nature or nurture?

Both.

8. List the gurus in who's physical presence you've been.

Maharishi, Karunamayi, Amma, Mother Meera.

9. What country do you live in now?

U.S.

10. How many children have you parented?

None.

11. How many times married?

Once.

12. Years spent in the TMO?

1968-2001

13. Years spent living in Fairfield, Iowa?

1987 to present, plus in and out before that.

14. Vegetarian? What rules? Eggs, fish, dairy, chicken allowed as
exceptions?

Was lacto for many years. Now chicken and fish.

15. Do you watch entertainment that portrays raw and graphic violence?

Sometimes.

16. Can drugs be spiritually useful to the ordinary person on the
street such that regular use could be supported?

May be. That should be their choice. If alcohol is going to be legal, then
pot should be.

17. In which places of the world have you lived a year or more?

US (CT, IA, NY), Switzerland

18. On a 1 - 10 scale, rate how much of your spiritual journey you've
accomplished so far. 10 would be "all the way."

Hard to say, because I don't know where it ends.

19. How much time do you spend per day in formal spiritual practices
that are not common-everyday human activities?

About 2 1/2 hours.

20. List the recreational activities, hobbies, passions that get more
than 10 hours per week of your time.

Walking and other forms of exercise such as skiing, swimming, biking
according to the season. Regular use of Bowflex machine.

21. What do you expect to get out of posting here at FairfieldLife?

To become rich and famous.