--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> I watched the whole thing with fascination.  The building project impresses
> me as an attempt to preserve a dying aspect of Indian culture and religion.
> I don't know the back story of the pundit boys, so I don't know if they are
> being saved from far shittier jobs or are being exploited into focusing on a
> skill which is basically unmarketable when they probably should be learning
> how to design circuit boards.  But the concept of preserving the tradition of
> chanting in a world that couldn't care less mostly appeals to me.  As wrong
> as I may think Maharishi is in his interpretation of what the whole Vedic
> chanting thing means, it is a beautiful tradition and I hope it doesn't die
> too soon. It is a link to part of our human past.

I have similar thoughts. And I think the TMO is missing the boat in terms of
the way they could cast these projects. They could have quite wide appeal
amongst green, multi-cultural, diversity loving hip people -- the starbucks,
i-pod, world music generation.

As, an example: The pitch (rambling first draft)

The Interconnectivity and Sustainability Project

The Project is about saving an endangered ancient cultural tradition that
deeply embraces diversity and expores the interconnectedness of all things.

All ancient cultures should be preserved as part of our rich
global cultural  heritage.  The Project focuses on the ancient Vedic culture of
India -- its ceremonies, art, architecture, song and dance that become living
documents from the past, enlivening the richness, diversity and
interconnectedness of this particular intriguing ancient culture. The Project
seeks to establish a Williamsberg replication of this culture -- breathing life
into forgotten traditions.

It is as if its a vast performance art pieces, that seek to fully engage and
include the audience as part of the performance.  It explores in great detail
its vision of the commonality of all people and all things in a vast web of
Consciousness -- seen as the core source of thought, inspiration and
achievements -- as well as natural process and rhythms. The Project uses the
myriad of ancient methods and technologies that this culture utilized to
explore all realms of Consciousness -- and in doing so -- to live in dynamic
harmony with all peoples and nature.  Its particular focus on sustainability
is quite relevant for the modern age.

Touring the various project sites, you will see full life replicas ancient
architecture that seeks to connect its inhabitants with all of nature -- and
ancient ceremonies that promise world peace and individual prosperity.
Educational methods seeking to address the whole human person and spirit. And
even the political methods of that day, you will see "rajas" dressed in the
ancient garb, and attending to national and global affairs as prescribed by
this ancient culture -- and its emphasis on ruling from the domain of
Consciousness.

The Project is open to the speculations and mystical insights of this culture.
It raises some utterly astounding hypotheses -- such as how global peace and
prosperity can be created even from chaos and suffering. While the core of the
Project is focused on preserving the culture, these ancient speculations and
insights are viewed respectfully and carefully. It is possible they present
seeds of wisdom that can enliven the world community, its diversity and its
inter-connectiveness. Thus the project has an experimental component. These
ancient cultural traditions are both preserved and tested -- to explore their
potential effectiveness in providing solutions to our ever complex modern
society.

If yoo are interested in learning more about the Project, or seek to contribute
time or resources to its many goals, please contact ....