> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:

> > [...]
> > > I still think the most important thing to bear in mind
> > > is that if, as a religious person, you don't believe in
> > > what another religion teaches, practices of that other
> > > religion that don't involve conscious professions of
> > > faith in its teachings cannot conflict with your own
> > > beliefs,
> >
> > Except when they do, of course.
>
> Why, what a helpful comment, Lawson.
>
> (You don't think it would have been *more* helpful
> had you given an example, do you?)

If your religion says explicitly:

ractices of that other
> > > religion that don't involve conscious professions of
> > > faith in its teachings

such practices conflict just because they came from another
religion, then they conflict, period.

Examples included listening to another religion's music, even
by accident, or photocopying a religious icon for art class, when
the origianl religion (not your own) says such activity, regardless
of YOUR belief in the other religion, is still a religious practice.

L.