On Mar 22, 2009, at 3:51 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

Then she taught him how to achieve the symbolic union of
skillful means and perfect insight. As an irreversible,
infallible vision of immutability arose in his mindstream,
he did indeed attain the state of supreme realization.

Vaj, I'm just goofing on this story to see
if you're able to see it in another light.
While it's cool, and its basic metaphor and
teaching is valid and I was rooting big-time
for the dog in this scenario, in the end when
the dog became a Dakini the whole tale became
just another My Teaching's Dick Is Longer Than
Your Teaching's Dick story. The heavenly hosts'
supreme realization just wasn't supreme enough.

The basic gist of the Mahasiddhas--murderers, whores, liars, etc. who all became fully enlightened, isn't to be a "My Teaching's Dick Is Longer Than Your Teaching's Dick story" but instead to show that any degree of embeddedness in neurosis can be released if the skillful diagnosis and cure is given. Once anyone can see their real condition, they can be free.

Actually the dog in the story represents a play on the Sanskrit word kukkura, which while meaning "dog", or more specifically "bitch", also means a low caste person, an untouchable person. The idea of a Brahmin therefore hanging out with dogs is meant to be a mindfuck for the uptight Vedic snobs by playing with their limitations on what is clean or unclean, acceptable or unacceptable. Kukkuripa is therefore the Universal Buddha of the downtrodden: the untouchables, the homeless street people, the poor and the marginalized of any society.