On Mar 26, 2009, at 7:04 PM, ffl...@yahoo.com wrote:

At 12/03/2006 8:27 AM,  Anonymous said...
An old friend of mine (an ex-TM teacher) lives in Fairfield and does not attend the TM functions (at their request, because he openly hosted, Oh No!, other gurus at his home when they passed through Fairfield. He enjoys the drama when they go through town. He still thinks TM is good, however. He recently told me that among those living there, many of the old-time TM teachers have turned to drugs and alcohol. He said that many are addicted to pain killers or are drunkards. He told me this very matter of factly, like it was normal in any community in the US to have a large number of strung out people, but I found it very strange, given MMY's teachings.

I know that when I visited him in Fairfield a few years ago and went to see some Guru-passing-through type who was a "healer" of some kind, there was a huge group of TMers who were active in the domes, visiting the same guy, saying "shhh don't say you saw me here".....Many many many of them had cancer and other horrible diseases like debilitating arthritis. Most of them were between 25-50 years old. The "healer", who happened to be from India, said he had never seen so much disease in such a small, condensed population in his life.

It's nothing I haven't heard before. However I cannot vouch for how much of it is true or whether or not it is an exaggeration.